Sunday, April 11, 2010

Jim Jinkins

This week I had the pleasure of hearing the creator of Doug, Jim Jinkins, speak at OSU. It was a great presentation and I was glad I had the chance to go!

After the presentation, we had the opportunity to meet Jim and exchange a few short words. I shook his hand and introduced myself (as calmly as I could!). While he was signing my very own Doug poster I told him that I too was an animator and was making a film about a duck who skates on butter. After mentioning the skating on butter part, without missing a beat, Jim replied "Of course he does!" in a very genuine and understanding tone. I was/still am so ecstatic about this! It was the first time I mentioned my thesis premise to someone and they didn't look at me like I was crazy! Yay Jim Jinkins!! :)

2 comments:

k.mediani said...

Haa the premise of your film is not crazy, instead it's great! Like it a lot, yay ducks and butter!!
Awesome you got an autograph from Jim! Woohoo!

Jen Burchfield said...

Haha! Thanks Tika! :)